Sunday 13 August 2023

Precognitive Dream

One could well ask what a precognitive dream has to do with "staying healthy" but there is a connection as will be seen once I've told my tale. Let's begin with the dream. I'm looking at a street corner where a large dog in lying on its side and there are people around. I wonder what's happened. That was it. 

The next day I walked to Coles, a distance of a couple of kilometres, where I bought some groceries and headed back home. On the way back, my right leg pretty much gave up on me and I had to hobble home looking like an old guy who'd had a stroke. Close to home and opposite the local vet clinic, I sat down on a seat and gathered my resources for the one hundred metres or so that I had left to walk. I was in a bad way.

As I sat there, I looked to my right and there on the nearby corner, opposite the vet clinic, a golden retriever was lying on its side with a woman standing beside the dog. She was holding a pram and just standing there. Presently, a guy came out of the vet shop, picked it up and carried it back to the shop.

Now that's a sight you don't see everyday and what struck me like a thunderbolt was that it was virtually a rerun of my dream of the night before. In the dream I was about the same distance off just watching the scene. The next day, I was sitting on a bench and feeling like what the poor dog might have been feeling. I just wasn't able to go on and thought about phoning and asking to be picked up.

Lately, it seems that every time I say I'm getting better, I suddenly get worse. I'm currently hobbling about and finding locomotion quite difficult. I'm alright if I'm lying on the bed, sitting down or not moving around. My right leg is not weight supporting and my lumbar region is still causing significant discomfit.

What's remarkable however, is the dream and my precognition. Should I draw any deep meaning from the experience? I don't know. Let's see how my recovery goes over the next few days. One thing is for sure: my body is clearly in need of regular maintenance and repair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Ailments

For the past several weeks I've noticed a dull ache in the area of the right shoulder joint. It's most often noticeable when I'm...