Saturday 13 July 2024

Monitoring My Exercise And Diet

My resting pulse rate is 63 beats per minute and, with light clothing on, I weigh 70.9 kilograms. I've been walking regularly of a morning, at a fairly brisk pace, and covering about 2.2 kilometers. However, yesterday (Saturday 14th July) I had a not so good day. My right shoulder joint had been hurting in the night and I woke up feeling stiff in my fingers with my ankle causing discomfort as well. I also felt discomfort in my chest when getting out of bed.

Today, Sunday, I feel a lot better comparatively speaking. I wonder if it's diet-related. Yesterday I had my usual toast in the morning following by pasta at two different times of the day plus a couple of pastries in between. On the Thursday and Friday prior my bad Saturday I'd two eggs with mayonnaise on toast, even though I'd been advised to eat only the whites of the eggs and not the yolks. Could this have triggered my subsequent discomfort?

I did some very brief and mild isometric exercises for my arms on either Thursday or Friday. Could this have triggered the discomfort behind my sternum? It's hard to say and thus it's probably a good idea to monitor my intake of food and drink as well as the amount of exercise that I undertake. Should I start another Airtable database or should I record the information using some other software, perhaps a spreadsheet? Before deciding, I should carry my phone with me whenever I leave the house so that any distances that I walk can be recorded. My daily walk around the block is about 2.2 kilometres.

For the moment I've opened a fresh document in Google Docs and will begin recording there. I'll see how that goes. I'm rather averse to phone apps or other online methods of monitoring diet and exercise. A simple pedometer is sufficient for recording distance walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Urology Shivers: Why Cooler Temps Lead to Certain Urinary Conditions

Urology Shivers: Why Cooler Temps Lead to Certain Urinary Conditions This is the title of an article that sheds considerable light on my cu...