Tuesday 6 August 2024

Recovery Continues

So August is here and what's happening with my body. By day, I'm feeling pretty good. I can walk more or less normally but my left ankle is still not quite right. After walking 4.7 km today, my left foot was visibly swollen but not painful. Some Arnica applied to the region reduced the swelling. My fingers still feel slightly stiff but I can play the guitar without difficulty and my grip strength has largely returned to normal.

By day things are generally OK but the nights are a little different. Awakening from sleep, I often find my fingers kind of frozen and I need to move them to regain normal mobility. Sometimes my shoulder or wrists can be painful. Overall, I'd say that I'm about 80% of my former self, that is to say my pre-fall self. Whether I'll ever recover the lost 20% remains to be seen. 

I am walking nearly everyday but I've sadly neglected my isometrics. My thymoma is noticeable mainly when I move about in bed at night but during the day it's hardly noticeable. Transiting Uranus will station within a couple of degrees of my natal Moon on September 1st and I'm hoping that this won't lead to any unexpected health problems. I won't go into the astrology here as that's better addressed in the appropriate blog (AstroWatch).

I have been making sure that some days I walk around 10 am when the Sun is rising but it still hasn't reached the meridian. The Sun in Jakarta is too powerful after that to do any sustained walking until about 3 pm. I'm hoping that this will boost my Vitamen D levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Urology Shivers: Why Cooler Temps Lead to Certain Urinary Conditions

Urology Shivers: Why Cooler Temps Lead to Certain Urinary Conditions This is the title of an article that sheds considerable light on my cu...